Monday, April 29, 2013

The Envelope in a Drawer

We encourage you to submit your own stories to chris@spiritofjoy.us.
It can be anonymous. Looking forward to seeing how God is working in all of our lives.


The Envelope in a Drawer 
by Lynne Lerch

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. 
At just the right time we will reap a harvest 
of blessing if we don’t give up.
Galatians 6:9 (NLT) 

I’m sure everyone remembers the disastrous earthquake of January 12, 2010, in Haiti. The world rallied and sent people, supplies and money. 

John was out of work at the time, but we were able to make a small donation. I remember saying to him how I wished we were able to give a lot more. I don’t remember the exact timing, but it was about a week later that John came to me and said, “You are not going to believe this!” In his hands was an envelope with a check for hundreds of dollars that he had found unopened in a drawer under some restaurant advertisements. It was a bank escrow check dated early December. He said, “Here is your donation for Haiti.” 

I don’t know what amazed me more, the fact that I was holding this unexpected check or God’s timing. If we had seen and opened the envelope when it arrived in December, I have no doubt that it would have been used for Christmas. Finding it when we did, left us in no doubt what God’s purpose for that money was. God’s timing is always perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment